The Outeniqua Wheelchair challenge will be held in George on the
20 February 2010
Register 42 km race
Register 21 km race
Register 10 km race
Register FUN EVENT
General Information for this event
| || || |
- Vehicles transporting athletes to START must be parked in the demarcated area at the George Tourist Resort.
- NO HELPER/ASSISTANT MAY RUN WITH ANY WHEELCHAIR.
- Athletes must keep in the allocated lane and on the LEFT SIDE of the road at all times.
- Race referees, officials and traffic officials, must be obeyed at all times.
- No cycle, or any other mode of transport, except that in which the athlete is competing or which is part of the race, will be allowed on the route.
- Only participants in the Fun Event will be allowed one helper/assistant per athlete.
- Athletes in the 42.2km, 21.1km & 10km event will receive a race-chip for time-keeping which has to be returned at the end of the race. There is no race-chip for the Fun event.
- No official time will be registered if an athlete does not cross the timing mat.
- No athlete/participant will qualify for a medal if the full distance for which he/she entered is not completed.
- Emergency telephone numbers and radio contact is available at the water points.
- Basic First Aid Kits are available at water points.
- Basic Repair Kit is available on the route - on request at the water points.
- Medical facilities and ambulance will be on the route and at the START/FINISH.
- A complete plan of the START/FINISH layout and the route is in your “Goody Bag”.
- Athletes taking part in the 21.1km, 42.2km and 10km events must acquaint themselves with the route and the finish area and will be monitored by the official at that point for the second lap.
- Athletes not wanting to complete the race must please notify the official at the water point. Such an athlete will not qualify for a medal. PLEASE STAY AT THAT WATER POINT AND YOU WILL BE COLLECTED.
- Athletes in the 42.2km marathon wanting to stop at the 21.1km point, must please inform the official on duty accordingly.
- Athletes start in the following order
- Age restriction:
- 21.1km & 42.2km : 16 years
- “Fun event” : No age restriction
- Other restrictions:
- Racing Wheelchairs/Hand Cycles: 21.1km & 42.2km
- Juniors - 16 years to 20 years • Seniors – 21 years and older
- Athletes not receiving a medal from the winner's podium must collect their medal at the winner's podium after the race – proof of number is compulsory.
- Athletes in the 42.2km, 21.1km and 10km MUST wear the number stickers on both the FRONT and the LEFT hand side of the helmet
FOR MORE DETAILS
Contact Esther Watson
044 802 2009
082 421 9359