There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 1, 2010

SA Roadlink pulled off again


Two SA Roadlink buses have been pulled off the road in the Southern Cape.

Traffic officials said they stopped the first bus on the N2 near George on Friday and declared it unroadworth, after conducting an on-the-spot inspection.

The company then dispatched a second coach to pick up the stranded passengers.

The driver drove off ignoring orders to stay put so traffic officials could inspect the bus.

Provincial traffic spokesperson Xenophone Wentzel said there was a list of the faults detected on the first bus.

“It was found that there was something wrong with the suspension of the bus. It had some oil leaks, the headlights of the bus did not work. The bus was then discontinued for roadworthiness,” said Wentzel.

He added that they also found faults on the second bus.

“When they checked the bus they found that the shock absorber had broken in half, and was tied with rope."

The company came under fire in the second quarter of last year following a number of accidents involving its busses.

No comments:

Post a Comment